@nibblinggypsy I’m back home now from my #presstrip in @proseccocv, but now is when I get to start reliving and sharing all the wonderful things I saw, ate, and drank. @salisristoarante is a particularly special spot bc not only is the food delicious, it’s also located in right in the middle of the hill of #Cartizze, which is considered the “Grand Cru” of Conegliano - Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore DOCG. The restaurant is designed so you can see the beautiful vineyards spreading out around you. (Slide to the last pic to see.) They also have a few rooms, so you can actually stay here as well.
Here’s what me and dining companions had:
1. Veal fillet with porcini mushroom ragu. I had this classic, elegant dish as my entrée.
2. Spinach polenta gnocchi with a creamy cheese sauce. Can’t recall the exact cheese, but the sauce was maker component on my starter course.
3. Cod with Jerusalem artichoke and ginger mayo.
4. Beef tartare with turmeric caraway flatbread.
5. 🍾 : This is sparkling wine country, so we kicked things off with @adami_prosecco
6. 🍷: @cechettowines Raboso del Piave.
7. Pistachio lava cake with milk and lavender ice cream.
8. A savory alternative: Gorgonzola mousse with Fregona wine reduction.
10. That view!